
Banos
October 6, 2009
I now find myself living in a convent. Lovely loving nuns who are either full of spunk and vinegar or at any moment will just die and, definitely go to heaven. To enter there is the front gate. A double lock and key bolt with rebar ties to the cement ground. There is one key to open these archaic gates which creek and grown in the same pitch as the old nun who will expire in times’ end. To close them in silence is an impossibility… they clang as a gong for the world to see….SOMEONE HAS ENTERED!!!! Next is another gate, smaller however and not quite so imposing, however protected with locks, keys and a secret cut in the glass to find the lock to open the sinister type interior lock. This gate has a lock that entwines upon itself and slides shut with the lock securing closure. It, too, has a fever pitch of noise that says, "Someone is getting CLOSER". To get to this level was no problem last night; however, tonight there was an lock needing and extra key lock, which I did not have the key. My God, am I actually locked OUT of a nunnery?? Not to freak or spin in an exorcist circle, a nun heard my twiddling efforts and, in full habit, came with her key and apologized to ‘Stephanie’ and smiled, letting me enter. I apologized back for being so late (although it was 8:30 pm).
Ah, in my room. Window fully open… I could’ve just climbed into it. Oh well. I just brush my teeth, wash my face and wonder… what should I do? Work? Sleep? Read?
WRITE!
I am so grateful to be here; living this; learning this; seeing this; being this; what a journey and what a life.
God Bless.
That butterfly yesterday… in my ‘sala’, trapped and big and beautiful… beating it’s gorgeous body against a clear window trying to get out, when the door was just a few feet away. I offered it my hand and in a miraculous way, it walked onto my hand and I walked it to the door and it flew away. Was this really a metaphor for me? Dawn says it is. So, be it. That door is right there. All I need is to trust the person helping me through it… myself.
Chao.
October 6, 2009
I now find myself living in a convent. Lovely loving nuns who are either full of spunk and vinegar or at any moment will just die and, definitely go to heaven. To enter there is the front gate. A double lock and key bolt with rebar ties to the cement ground. There is one key to open these archaic gates which creek and grown in the same pitch as the old nun who will expire in times’ end. To close them in silence is an impossibility… they clang as a gong for the world to see….SOMEONE HAS ENTERED!!!! Next is another gate, smaller however and not quite so imposing, however protected with locks, keys and a secret cut in the glass to find the lock to open the sinister type interior lock. This gate has a lock that entwines upon itself and slides shut with the lock securing closure. It, too, has a fever pitch of noise that says, "Someone is getting CLOSER". To get to this level was no problem last night; however, tonight there was an lock needing and extra key lock, which I did not have the key. My God, am I actually locked OUT of a nunnery?? Not to freak or spin in an exorcist circle, a nun heard my twiddling efforts and, in full habit, came with her key and apologized to ‘Stephanie’ and smiled, letting me enter. I apologized back for being so late (although it was 8:30 pm).
Ah, in my room. Window fully open… I could’ve just climbed into it. Oh well. I just brush my teeth, wash my face and wonder… what should I do? Work? Sleep? Read?
WRITE!
I am so grateful to be here; living this; learning this; seeing this; being this; what a journey and what a life.
God Bless.
That butterfly yesterday… in my ‘sala’, trapped and big and beautiful… beating it’s gorgeous body against a clear window trying to get out, when the door was just a few feet away. I offered it my hand and in a miraculous way, it walked onto my hand and I walked it to the door and it flew away. Was this really a metaphor for me? Dawn says it is. So, be it. That door is right there. All I need is to trust the person helping me through it… myself.
Chao.

No comments:
Post a Comment