Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve Day





























Most events in Banos begins with a parade! So, all the children from all the schools dressed in costumes reflecting religious and joyful characters and paraded down Ambato Street after their visit to the Iglesia. If I had a favorite, which I DON'T, it could be Pedro... doing his fierce warm up; or my "girls" walking in the parade; Anita, the angel of Sagrado Corazon; or Dominica and Mateo as Mary and Joseph... all glowing stars, in my eyes. Once at the school each grade did a performance. My 8th grade did a dance to Michael Jackson's They Don't Really Care About Us. However, it was a rather stressful journey, getting it choreographed, but they were able to remember it and it went well..... phew!

After a wonderful nap in a hammock among orchids and bromelaids, pavo (turkey) dinner at Ivone, Edith and Fabian's home with new amigos.

First time in my life I did not have any of my children around me. I felt a touch disconnected, but, with so much love and healing around, I could smile... and I do know they are happy and celebrating in their own ways.

New Years is coming and everyone says it is THE day!

No comments:

Post a Comment