Friday, November 6, 2009

Montanita: I thought I was stuck, then I saw, the world before me--Sophie













































































After a 12 hour bus ride, we finally made it to the coast at days' break. Huevos y jugo; pan y cafe... entonces, listamos para una siesta!

This sleepy little town wakes up on the weekend and is exploding on a national holiday. Ecuadorians from all over visit, but mostly from Guayaquil. Street performers range from young boys to old men and their motorcycles; aged hippie types that are very content in making macrame necklaces and never bathing; families with small children living in pup tents behind hotels; tourists trying to find a bargain on stuff that's exactly the same at every table; sleeping beauties, standing beauties and dying beauties on the beach... But, the best is the fresh-out-of-the-ocean cerviche! At a crossroads, there's possibly 10 vendors all shucking oysters, clams, dorado, shrimp then the lime, tomatoes, onion, salt, toasted nuts... omg delicious! Soft surf, warm water gentle waves and no glaring sun made for a great birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment